Easy dinner for one tonight! The fam was eating meaty leftovers, which I don’t really eat anymore. So I whipped myself up this easy peasy salad. It’s loaded with veggies and topped with a quickly sautéed shrimp. It’s so easy and so delicious.
Think of this salad as a blank canvas – you can use any kind of green, any kind of protein (shrimp, salad, tuna, chicken, steak, beans, etc…), any veggies… it’s so versatile and easy!
So now it’s your turn! Tell me, what’s your favorite quick dinner that you love making? Happy eating!
Pan-Sautéed Shrimp Salad
- 6 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Romaine or Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cooked edamame
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Toss the shrimp, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the shrimp mixture, and cook until opaque, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer your plate with the toppings beginning with the lettuce, followed by all the veggies and eggs. Add shrimp and drizzle with remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Enjoy!