Warmer weather is here to stay and so are the light and Spring-time dishes. This chicken dish uses fresh herbs, Spring vegetables, and is full of strong flavors. It so easy, using every-day ingredients and cooks up quickly making it a great weeknight option.
When I put this on the table, I’ll be honest, the girls were a bit hesitant. Green is a tough food-color for them, like most kids. But, what I try to do is deconstruct the dish in front of them so they can see how many of the foods they typically like were in there, but mixed together. This helps them tremendously! They can see how cutting foods smaller vs. larger and mixed together vs. separate can change flavors and textures, but in the end, it’s all good and yummy food.
This is such a great dish – my only question now is, what side dish would you serve with it?? Let me know in the comments below!
Honey-Lemon Chicken Tenders with Herb Salsa
- 1 cup orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1/8 teaspoon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Mix pepper, spinach, pistachios, shallot, and parsley in a medium bowl. Stir in zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon each oil and honey and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss the chicken with cornstarch in a large bowl until well coated.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, flipping occasionally, until lightly browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165 degrees, 4 to 8 minutes.
- Combine the zest and juice of the remaining lemon and the remaining 1 tablespoon honey in a small bowl. Add to the pan and cook, turning the chicken to coat, until it’s glazed, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve topped with the herb salsa. Enjoy!