Tonight’s dinner is the perfect weeknight dinner. It’s SO SO easy to make and it’s a dump and cook kinda meal! It’s chicken thighs nestled in a coconuty, creamy sauce with a hint of spice. The oven does all the work and it’s so super easy! And if I’m being honest, it’s even more delicious than I thought it would be, too.
I love making meals like this with the girls, too, because they can help me prepare it and then they’re more likely to eat it. And, they LOVED this! It’s not really that spicy. The red chili sauce just adds a hint of flavor – think Thai food meets Western dinner. It’s really that good!
I ended up serving this over Jasmine rice and roasted broccoli. How would you make it? Let me know in the comments below!
Coconut Ginger Chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red chili sauce
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 1″ piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- A small handful of parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir coconut milk and curry paste in a 2-qt. baking dish to whisk until combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in the baking dish nestled into coconut milk mixture. Top with ginger and garlic and bake until chicken is browned, tender, and cooked throughout, about 45-60 minutes (depending on thickness of thighs).
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve. Enjoy!