With little kids, I tend to make A LOT OF MUFFINS. Anyone else? 🙂 Some have veggies hidden in them/some don’t, some have sugar/some don’t, some have fruit in them/some don’t… they are just the perfect little snack – they fit great in lunch boxes, they’re compact for on-the-go eating and they’re healthy!
Today’s muffins are just little perfect pillowy snacks. They’re filled with veg and fruit and the girls eat them right up. They’re a little bit sweet, but not too sweet. And, they cook up super quickly
Beware though, hide some for yourself before your kids find them or they’ll all be gone before you know it!
Mini Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- 1 extra-overripe banana, 1/2 cup mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray or grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add banana, pumpkin, and sugar. Beat together with a hand-mixer until the mixture is smooth. Beat in the melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Mix well. Next add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with a fork until just incorporated (be careful not to over mix).
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the batter and divide evenly between muffin tins filling each cup to the top.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the muffins. Allow muffins to cool in the muffin tin for 5-minutes; then transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to fully cool. Enjoy!