There are those nights when you look in the pantry and realize you have ‘nothing to make for dinner’. Those are the nights I usually whip out the pasta. Pasta is the best, too, because it can be on a meal on its own, or the glue that holds a dish together.
This is one of those dishes that pulls everything together. It’s mostly pantry/freezer ingredients and it’s all made in one pot. It’s super tasty, super delicious and super easy to make!
This is definitely a rotating weeknight dish for us in this house! How about you? What’s your favorite go-to dish? Let me know in the comments below!
Ground Turkey Pasta Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked (I used rotini)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
- Fresh basil & parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven-safe saucepan, warm oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until halfway cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Mix in onion and garlic and cook until fragrant and meat is mostly cooked, another 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, cooked pasta, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Top with mozzarella and bake in oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with basil and parsley to serve and enjoy!