I don’t know about your family, but we LOVE to snack… it’s a serious thing here! Breakfast time… snack snack snack… lunchtime… snack snack snack… dinnertime… snack snack snack… sleep, repeat!
The thing about snacking though is I find we reach for the things that are on hand, which tend to be either fruit or carbs. There are only so many of each I want to eat in a day, so I started making my own crispy chickpeas. And WOW are these things yummy! They taste like little balls of Italian goodness. They are heavy on the parm flavor and yum factor.
I will say both kids absolutely adore these and I recently got Trevor on the bandwagon, too. They are super easy and fast to make and you’ll thank yourself for making a whole tray of them to snack on during the week!
I like eating them right out of the jar or on top of a salad. 🙂 Let me know how you like eating them in the comments below!
Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas to pan; cook 17 minutes or until golden brown and crispy all over, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl. Add cheese, garlic powder, lemon zest, oregano, salt, and pepper; toss gently. Serve immediately, or cool chickpea mixture in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Adapted from: myrecipes.com