Tonights dinner was straight out of the pantry, well mostly. 🙂 I made the best Baked Panko Crusted Tilapia over mini penne and topped it with this amazing little side dish, pan-fried Parm Cauliflower! There were only 1-2 fresh ingredients and the rest came from the pantry/freezer. It’s super easy and super tasty.
The girls usually gravitate right to the pasta first, but they both scarfed down the fish and cauliflower before a piece of pasta was even touched. I was honestly SHOCKED! A little cheese and crispy panko breadcrumbs can really change a dish, I guess! Maybe it’s because of the Italian feeling of this dish, a cuisine they love, or maybe it was just simple easy flavors…. whatever the case, they loved this dinner! And so did I!
Between you and me, the cauliflower was my favorite part. It had a little crunch, a little saltiness from the parm cheese and a whole lot of flavor (which is somewhat of a hard thing for cauliflower to have)!
I hope you like this side dish as much as I did! Let me know in the comments below!
Pan-Fried Parmesan Cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into very small florets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the cauliflower and stir until the florets are coated. Add in garlic, and season with salt, pepper and onion powder and toss until covered. Wait to toss again until it gets brown on the bottom, then toss again. Repeat for about 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and toss in the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Enjoy!