When the middle of winter hits, I start to crave summer. Even in central Florida! It might be warmer here than much of the rest of the country, but it still gets down into the 30’s and 40’s and sometimes maxes out at COLD!
If you couldn’t tell, I’m not a huge fan of the cold. I like to visit it and then leave and come back to warmth. Sometimes that actually happens. Sometimes I have to do that through food. Today is a summer food kind-a-day so I made a strawberry spinach salad. It’s jam packed with veg, protein crunch and deliciousness. It’s super easy to make and it comes together in just 10 minutes (quicker if you already have your veggies pre-chopped).
Sometimes I’ll eat this with a bowl of soup. Sometimes, it’s lunch instead of dinner. And sometimes, it’s just perfect on its own. However you eat it, you’re going to love it! Feel free to change up any of the toppings, but definitely keep the spinach and strawberries. Those two are made for each other!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 1 5-oz box baby spinach
- 1/2 pint strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced in half
- 3/4 cup white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- a few shaves of fresh parmesan cheese
- a sprinkle of olive oil
- Start by putting spinach in a large bowl. Top with strawberries, beans, pepper, olives, walnuts, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Enjoy!