Want to make dinner tonight in less than 2-minutes? I sure do! My Instant Pot always makes that happen and tonight was no exception.
Now, you know I love my Instant Pot (evident by my dozens of IP recipes here), but this might be one of my favorites because it’s so fast and easy to make and always yields amazing chicken. All you do is dump the seasoned chicken in with salsa and turn it on. The Instant Pot does the rest!!
I’ve shredded this into tacos, mixed it with eggs, put it on top of baked potatoes, served it with rice and veggies…you name it, I’ve done it! You can make it spicy or mild and it will taste amazing every time. I promise, you won’t be disappointed!
Let me know what you think in the comments below! xx
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- 3 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 8-10 oz each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-16 oz jar of salsa, any kind
- Season chicken breasts on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the chicken to the inner pot of the Instant Pot, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pour salsa on top.
- Put the lid on the pot and set the steam release knob to the “Sealing” position. Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button (or dial) and then the + or – to choose 10-12 minutes (depending on the weight/thickness of the breasts). When the cooking cycle has ended, manually release the pressure after 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a large bowl and shred it, using two forks or a hand/stand mixer for a few seconds. Then add it back to the pot. If there is too much liquid for your taste, just scoop some out. Leave some, as it has a lot of flavor, and will also keep the meat moist. Enjoy over your favorite rice, with some veggies or in a taco!
Adapted from: simplyhappyfoodie.com