There’s nothing better than dinner cooked on one pan. Doing dishes is the bane of my existence so I like to avoid doing them at all costs. I think it stems from when my parents used to make me do/help do the dishes every night after dinner… I still hate doing them. Thanks Mom! 🙂
Anyway, tonights dinner is easy – basically, just stick any veggies you have on hand on a sheet pan with some chopped up/sliced meat and you have yourself an amazing dinner. I’ve tried all different cuts of meat, and the ones I typically get are flank or skirt steak. Tonight though, I went with a filet because I wanted a slightly nicer cut of meat. I also seared mine in a pan before sticking it on the sheet pan to help seal in the meat juices, but you really don’t have to do this step. Believe me, I’ve tested it. So, if you have the time, do it. Otherwise, skip it.***
Oh and I also served mine over rice, but anything would work. My girls are just in a rice phase right now so we are eating it most nights…. Trevor’s in heaven because of it! Me? Well, I’ll just stick to my veggies. 🙂
Sheet-Pan Veggies & Beef
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons herb seasoning
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. filet mignon, cut into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil or silpat.
- Place sweet potato in oven and roast for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, add chopped zucchini and carrots onto baking sheet. Toss zucchini and carrots in olive oil and seasoning. Repeat for chopped filet pieces. (***at this point, you can sear the meat if you want to help seal the juices in – see note above for more on this).