And just like that, we go from Halloween in the Autumn to holidays in the winter overnight. October 31st vs. November 1 seems like a lifetime, but it’s really just a day. Isn’t it funny how different it feels though?
I do love this time of year though, be it Autumn or Winter, mostly because the weather is cooling, life becomes a little more cozy and the food becomes a little more festive and hardy. Tonights dinner is no exception and with the return of pomegranate seeds, my festive dinners begin. What’s even better is that dinner is made on one sheet pan and it’s beyond easy.
Of course, I have to thanks Tieghan of Half Baked Harvest for the recipe because everything she makes is always perfect and always delicious. And this recipe is no exception. It’s fast and easy to make and beyond delicious. It has the perfect combination of salty and sweet and makes an otherwise bland type of chicken absolutely divine.
What’s your favorite thing about this time of year? Let me know in the comments below!
Sheet-pan Sticky Pomegranate Chicken and Honey Roasted Squash
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled + grated
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 squash (any kind – I used butternut), peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt + pepper
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweet Thai chili sauce, pomegranate juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Place the chicken and squash on a parchment lined baking sheet with the chicken at one end and the squash at another. Toss the chicken with half of the pomegranate sticky sauce, reserving the rest for serving. Toss the squash with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is tender. Halfway through cooking, Rotate the pan and spoon any sauce that has settled on the bottom of the pan over the chicken.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the pomegranate arils over the chicken. Serve the chicken and squash over a bowl of rice drizzled with the remaining reserved pomegranate sticky sauce. Garnish with pomegranate arils. Enjoy!