We get home late on Monday’s now because both girls have activities after Amelia’s school finishes. So, I tend to make either meatless dinners or quick one-pan meals. Tonight, it was the later.
We had a ton of leftover spaghetti from the weekend, so I threw it in the pot with the turkey and veg, poured sauce in and called it a dinner. Guess what? Both girls DEVOURED it. Even though Amelia doesn’t like when her foods touch, this is one she absolutely loved. I even got a thumbs up.
Turkey Spaghetti Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, any kind (I used yellow pepper and broccoli)
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti (any cooked pasta would work)
- Fresh herbs and/or parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once shimmering, add in onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in ground turkey and cook until no pink is left in the meat, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in vegetables and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes. Add in the cooked spaghetti and sauce – mix until heated through.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and/or parmesan cheese and enjoy!