A frico is a hot cheese dish mixed with something else – in my case, brussels sprouts! It’s a delicious Italian way to make side dishes and veggies even tastier than they already are. This frico is especially good because it takes a basic vegetable and elevates the flavor to next level. It’s beyond easy to do and can be made any night of the week along side fish, chicken, beaf, tofu of other veggies.
Brussels Sprouts Frico
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered depending on size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- Put a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil in a medium bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the Parmesan and toss together.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and spray with the cooking spray. Add the Brussels sprout mixture in an even layer.
- Bake until the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy!