This week, I’m trying to make new recipes that don’t take long to make or prep. I don’t mind if they take hands-off time to cook, but hands-on time is becoming increasingly challenging with a 3 and 1 year old!
So today, I spent 3 minutes prepping and let the oven cook the rest. There is no chopping, no long prep work and only one dish used. Yes, this takes an hour in the oven, but I put it in while I was bathing the kids and getting everyone ready for bed and then we were able to just eat dinner without having to rush around and make something last minute. I served it with rice and steamed broccoli but any kind of grain or veg would compliment this perfectly!
Questions? Lemme know in the comments below!
Coconut Braised Chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry sauce
- 1 1″ piece ginger, peeled, smashed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- About 2 1/2 lbs. chicken, any combination (I used 2 chicken legs and thighs)
- Kosher salt
- A small handful of parsley or cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir coconut milk and curry paste in a 2-qt. baking dish to combine (I did mine in a separate bowl for ease, but right in the baking dish means no extra clean-up!).
- Season chicken with salt and place in the baking dish. Flip chicken over to coat chicken, top with ginger and garlic and bake until chicken is browned, tender, and cooked throughout, about 60–75 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley or cilantro on top and serve with grain or veg of choice. Enjoy!