I love shrimp. Trevor does not. He kinda feels the way about shrimp that I do about mushrooms (read more about that here). So, I don’t make shrimp that often. But when I do, it has to be good.
So tonight, I’m making a simple grilled shrimp quinoa bowl using leftover quinoa, leftover corn-on-the-cob, tomatoes from the farmers market over the weekend, greens from our garden and the easiest grilled shrimp you’ll ever make. Oh, there’s some yummy feta sprinkled on there too, along with some Green Goddess dressing. Yum!
It’s an easy summer bowl you can make any night of the week. Let me know what you think!
Grilled Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
- 15 medium-sized shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 cooked corn-on-the-cobs, kernels removed
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Green Goddess Dressing
- Preheat bbq to medium-high heat, about 400 degrees.
- Thread 5 pieces of shrimp on each skewer (if using wood skewers, soak them for 20 minutes before grilling) and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, or until pink. Remove and set aside.
- To assemble, in a large bowl, put quinoa at the base of the bowl and top with shrimp, tomato, corn kernels, arugula, feta and dressing. Enjoy immediately!