Trevor works with a sweet girl named Laurie and one day, she asked Trevor for a suggestion for an Easter Brunch casserole or quiche. Well, I knew it had to be decadent and had just the recipe for her! It has cheese, bacon and croissants – it’s super decadent and absolutely perfect for any Sunday brunch, including Easter brunch!
This is the kind of casserole you want to have a big pot of tea with and some greens on the side. It’s absolutely delicious, light, but also filling and full of flavor.
I hope you enjoy this one, Laurie!
Cheesy Bacon Croissant Casserole
- 8 ounces turkey bacon
- Cooking spray
- 24 mini croissants, torn
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups milk, any kind
- 1/2 cup cream
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel and chop into small pieces once slightly cooled. Set aside.
- Spray a large baking dish (13×9) with cooking spray and, place torn up pieces of croissants.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, Parmesan cheese, salt (to taste), green onions, milk, cream and eggs and pour over the bacon mixture. Cover and chill dish for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Uncover casserole, and sprinkle with Gruyère cheese. Bake 45 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes. Enjoy!