I was looking to make something small for Amelia’s lunchboxes this week for Valentine’s Day and thought it would be so cute to take Brach’s Conversation Hearts and use them in a new modern way… as chocolate pretzel hearts!
When I was a kid, Brach’s Conversation Hearts were a huge part of Valentine’s Day. You’d give/get a box to your valentine and could even write a special message on the outside of the box.
Fast forward way too many years (I don’t really want to age myself!), and I wanted to take these up a notch by combining these hearts with chocolate and pretzels. Because who doesn’t love chocolate and pretzels!?!
Guess what? Amelia loved them! No surprise there. Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤
Valentine's Chocolate Pretzel Hearts
- 12 mini pretzels, any shape
- 2-3 oz. milk chocolate hearts or squares
- 12 Brach’s conversation hearts
- Line a microwaveable safe dish with parchment paper and lay the pretzels out into two rows of 6.
- Lay the chocolate heart or square on top of each pretzel and microwave for 20-30 seconds until the chocolate just begins to soften.
- Gently press one of the conversation hearts into the middle of the chocolate and repeat for all remaining pretzels.
- Place chocolate pretzels in the refrigerator until pretzels until set before eating or storing. Enjoy!