It’s Friday, and I usually make soup on Friday so it carries us through quick meals throughout the weekend when we are running all over the place. This soup is going to be perfect this weekend because the temperatures are dropping again and it’s raining – two of my least favorite things! Luckily, I made this curried soup which will warm us right up.
I really love the flavors of this soup because it’s super creamy and spicy but it has a ton of good-for-you carrots hidden inside so you don’t even know you’re eating something healthy. Neither do my daughters, which matters more these days for my 3 year old… 🙂
While I’m still not fully back to eating carbs yet, this soup is so creamy that it’s begging to have a big, chunky piece of bread dipped in it. I hope you like it!
Coconut Curry Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 lb. carrots, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 14-ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 6 – 7 minutes. Add the ginger, carrots, and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer; cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the carrots are soft, carefully blend with an immersion blender (or in a blender) until the carrots are smooth. Return the carrot mixture to the pot and add coconut milk and red curry paste. Stir until well blended. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add salt, then taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Enjoy immediately!