I’m not sure if it’s the time of year or just the fish stores in our area, but every time I go to buy salmon, it looks awful. I finally went to a speciality fish store to get some and I don’t think I’ll ever buy fish anywhere else every agin. It was BY FAR the best fish I’ve had in a long long time.
You know salmon is good when you barely have to add anything to it as was the case with this fish. Lemon and herbs are salmons best friends so stick with those and you won’t go wrong.
Whole30/Paleo Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
- 2 lemons
- 8 to 10 parsley sprigs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole salmon, about 1.5 – 2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice 1 lemon into thing rounds and a second lemon into wedges. Place the lemon slices on a large sheet pan arranged in the center just under the fish.
- Top with parsley sprigs and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the flesh side of the fish and rub all over, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the pan over the lemon slices, skin side down.
- Roast 15 – 20 minutes, until the thickest part of the fish is cooked though in the center (add any additional vegetables at this point to the pan as well- I added broccoli).
- Top with fresh herbs and serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Adapted from: skinnytaste.com