Deviled eggs are some of my favorite appetizers. But, do you ever want to eat one, but decide not to indulge because of all the mayonnaise? Health buffs rejoice! Here is an amazing HEALTHY holiday appetizer – just eggs, avocado, and some toppings. It’s festive and delicious all rolled up into one.
Christmas Tree Deviled Eggs
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, divided
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- A sprinkling of paprika
- Once hardboiled, cut eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks, reserving whites, and place in a medium bowl. Mash yolks and add in the avocado. Continue to mash with a fork until smooth (if your avocado isn’t ripe enough, there won’t me enough moisture. You can always mix in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to help it along). Stir in 2 teaspoons cilantro, and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry bag or Ziploc plastic bag, insert a medium star tip. Transfer avocado mixture to bag. Pipe into egg whites, swirling it upward to resemble Christmas trees. Sprinkle trees with minced red pepper, cilantro and paprika.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Enjoy!