And, making them festive is even more fun. These are SUPER kid friendly from mixing to decorating, so let the kiddos get a little messy and enjoy them while counting down the days until Christmas.
Christmas Wreath Crispy Treats
- 1 bag marshmallows (mini or regular sized)
- 4 cups cereal (I used Frosted Flakes, but you can use any cereal)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- Green food coloring
- Red cinnamon candy (I used red and green peanut butter M&M’s)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or Silpat and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, mixing frequently. Add in green food coloring until you’ve reached a green color that you like for your wreaths and mix until all of the melted marshmallow is evenly colored.
- Remove from heat, and fold in cereal until coated. Allow mixture to cool slightly until it is able to be handled.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and gather mixture up rolling into small balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Poke a hole in the center and shape into a wreath.
- Decorate with candy, sprinkles or sugar. Cool until hardened before serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from: freutcake.com