Have any leftover cereal you don’t know what to do with? Make crispy treats with them! You can use any cereal, not just Rice Krispies.
And, making them festive is even more fun. These are SUPER kid friendly from mixing to decorating, so let the kiddos get a little messy and enjoy them while counting down the days until Christmas.
Christmas Wreath Crispy Treats
- 1 bag marshmallows (mini or regular sized)
- 4 cups cereal (I used Frosted Flakes, but you can use any cereal)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- Green food coloring
- Red cinnamon candy (I used red and green peanut butter M&M’s)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or Silpat and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, mixing frequently. Add in green food coloring until you’ve reached a green color that you like for your wreaths and mix until all of the melted marshmallow is evenly colored.
- Remove from heat, and fold in cereal until coated. Allow mixture to cool slightly until it is able to be handled.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and gather mixture up rolling into small balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Poke a hole in the center and shape into a wreath.
- Decorate with candy, sprinkles or sugar. Cool until hardened before serving. Enjoy!