I don’t know about your Thanksgiving, but at ours, we are so overwhelmed by savory and sweet pies. Pure vegetables rarely make an appearance. So this year, I’m making sure we have a variety of healthy roasted vegetables on the table.
I used beets, Brussels Sprouts, turnips, carrots, sweet potatoes and Russet potatoes with a sprinkling of thyme and rosemary but you can use any vegetable and any herb here. Just be aware that some vegetables need longer baking times (like potatoes) than others (like Brussels Sprouts).
A Medley Of Roasted Vegetables
- 2-3 pounds of rot vegetables (like butternut squash, carrots, rutabaga, parsnips, Brussels Sprouts, beets, potatoes, etc…)
- Olive Oil
- A handful of fresh herbs (thyme, sage, rosemary, chives, etc…)
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper and top with fresh herbs.
- Roast vegetables for 30 minutes – hour, stirring/flipping at least once or twice.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!