On to day two of our Halloween week and we’re having the most delicious brains!!!! Just kidding, it’s spaghetti squash bolognese, but you can easily fit this into your Halloween party and dinner menus. It might even excite your kids to try something new!
This is a low-carb, fully balanced dinner with all the sauce, veg and meat you could ever want from one dish. If you’re feeling extra decadent, sprinkle a little parmesan over the top before serving.
Bloody-Brain (Spaghetti Squash) Bolognese
- 1 small spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onion, minced
- 12-oz ground turkey
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place each squash half cut side down on a baking sheet and bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes or until a fork goes easily into the shell.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, and green onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and parsley and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, scoop out the strands of squash, if desired, and top each half with the ‘bloody-brain’ sauce. Sprinkle with extra parsley, if desired. Enjoy!