Here comes the Superbowl LVII! It’s the Chiefs vs. the Eagles. My team isn’t in it this year so I’m in it for the food, commercials and Rihanna’s half time show. How about you? What’s your favorite part? Or are you a Puppy Bowl person?
I just love any good reason to have good food cooking away on a Sunday. So for this Sunday, I’ll be making the same dip I make every year. And I can’t believe I’ve never talked about it here! It’s my Buffalo Chicken Dip. A little bit spicy, a lot a bit creamy. It’s so delicious and you can dip just about anything in it!
The key to this dip is CANNED chicken. Yes, canned! Don’t use fresh chicken in this. It won’t taste good! Also, only use Franks RedHot Wings sauce. Don’t use another hot sauce for this either – it has a creamy element which really lends itself to this dip!
I’m going to be making some crostini’s using some day old baguette I have, as well as some chips and veg. That way, everyone will have something they like to dip in it.
What’s your favorite dip for this Sunday’s big game? I’d love to know in the comments below! Happy cooking!
Hot and Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained (don’t use fresh chicken!)
- ¾ cup hot pepper sauce (Frank’s RedHot Wings sauce is the best for this)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Veggies, crackers or chips, to dip (optional)
- Heat chicken and hot pepper sauce in an instant pot (or skillet over medium heat) on the Saute setting until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook and stir until well blended and warm, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 of the cheddar cheese (if cooking on stovetop, transfer to a slow cooker now). Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top. Cover and cook on Slow Cooker Low until dip is hot and bubbly, about 35 minutes.
- Serve with cracker, chips, veggies or dipper of choice. Enjoy!