There’s a very popular food blogger on Instagram I follow called Inspiralized. She makes lots of foods with her spiralizer, but also lots of BLW (baby led weaning) foods for her kids.
This is one of her quick morning breakfast foods that I really like to make the girls at the beginning of the week and they can have them any time of for an easy meal or a quick and healthy snack.
They’re pretty flexible too. You can use any cooked (roasted or boiled) vegetable in place of the sweet potato (what I used) or beets (what Inspirazlied uses). You can even use spinach in place of the sweet potato! You can add a splash of vanilla or some cinnamon to change up the flavor. It’s a pretty forgiving muffin!
I hope you like them as much as my girls do! And, check our Inspiralized. She has some really great recipes1
Fruit & Veg Blender Muffins
- 1/8 cup cooked vegetable (like sweet potato or roasted beet)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 6 muffin tin cavities.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth (it should look like pancake batter).
- Pour the batter into the muffin cavities and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Pop out of the muffin cavities and enjoy!