Normally when I’m eating on a budget, it means lots of carbs and not much meat. But I wanted to try to find a way around that, especially given all the hard work I did last month on Whole30!
I found pork is generally a good, cheap option when you’re on a budget. Since ground pork is on sale this week at our local Shoprite for $3.59 for nearly 1.5 pounds, I decided this would be the meal I would make with it.
It sure did not disappoint! A few strong flavors really make this dish tasty and cheap.
Pork & Peanut Dragon Noodles
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Pork & Noodles
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 6 oz. ramen noodles
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Combine the chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl to make the dragon sauce.
- In a large skillet, add the ground pork and cook over medium heat until it is fully & browned. Once browned, add the prepared dragon sauce and chopped peanuts. Allow the pork and peanuts to simmer in the sauce for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced by half.
- While the pork is browning, begin boiling water for your noodles. Once boiling, add your noodles and cook according to the package directions. Drain the noodles in a colander.
- Once the sauce has reduced and the noodles have drained, add the noodles to the skillet and toss until everything is combined and coated in sauce. Top with sliced green onions and serve! Enjoy!