There’s a revived excitement surrounding cheese boards these days because you can do anything with them. Don’t eat meat? Leave it off. Don’t like vegetables? Don’t add them. Only want 10 cheeses? Sounds great! The key to a good board is not to have any empty space so layer, add dimension and some symmetry and you have yourself one hell of an appetizer.
How to Make a Cheese Board
- Variety of 2-3 different cheeses (like aged cheddar, brie, smoked gouda, goat cheese, etc…)
- Variety of 2-3 different meats (prosciutto, pepperoni, salami, etc…)
- Variety of crackers and bread
- Variety of fresh fruit (red & green grapes, strawberries, blueberries, etc…)
- Variety of fresh vegetables (cucumbers, mixed peppers, carrots, broccoli, etc…)
- Variety of dried fruits (apricots, apples, mango, etc…)
- Variety of nuts (almond, macadamia nuts, walnuts, etc…)
- Place the cheeses on any kind of platter or serving plate.
- Arrange the cheeses and meats around the plate. Add crackers and bread.
- Fill in gaps with fruit, vegetables, dried fruit and nuts. Use small bowls or cups for extra dimension. Top with fresh herbs and flowers, if desired. Enjoy!