Here in Florida, bananas seem to go ripe even faster than we can eat them. So I love baking with them. So, I try to bake with them as much as I can (here are a bunch of ways I’ve used them in the past). And, with everything going on in the world recently (cough *corona* cough), I’ve been exceptionally careful about food waste.
And this is it – a banana one! It’s gluten-free, grain free, vegetarian and delicious. It’s very light and fluffy – kind of like a puffy pancake or soufflé. They take 2 minutes to prep (seriously!!) and the girls love to eat these on the go (not that we’re going anywhere these days….)!
Give these a try – I promise your kids will eat them up!
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Blender Muffins
- 1 cup creamy nut butter
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients together (except the chocolate chips) into a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter about half way up each muffin cell and if using chocolate chips, put a few on top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes and remove once slightly golden brown. Cool before removing from muffin tin and enjoy!
Adapted from: Sara.Haven on Instagram