Happy Taco Tuesday! Here’s an easy and healthy weeknight dinner that uses fish from the freezer, street taco shells from the pantry and a few fresh things from the fridge.
Quinoa Fish Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 pieces tilapia
- 6 soft street taco shells
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large frying pan, begin to warm oil until it starts to shimmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper together until combined. Dredge both sides of tilapia pieces in flour and place in pan with oil. Cook 3-4 minutes until just golden and flip. Repeat on other side and remove from heat promptly once fish is cooked through and flaky.
- Warm taco shells, either in microwave for 15-20 seconds or hold them over an open burner for a few seconds on each side until warmed through.
- To assemble, add quinoa first, then fish pieces, tomato and avocado and top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!