For Thanksgiving, our family makes sweet potato pie. But, I’ve always found this redundant with pumpkin pie. So this year, I’m hosting and nixing the sweet potato pie in favor of sweet potato fries. They have more flavor, more texture, and they’re one less ‘casserole-style’ dish that we always have a lot of.
Alternatively, if you want something kinda-like sweet potato pie but without the pastry, try my Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Meringue. You’ll love those too!
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1×3-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place sweet potatoes and oil in large bowl, toss lightly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
- Bake 18-24 minutes until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from: allrecipes.com