I don’t know, but I really struggle at making potatoes crispy. I’m great at making them mashed, or loaded as a baked potato. But crispy like french fries or these wedges and I really get stuck.
Yes, I’ve tried all the tricks, but this is the best way I’ve found to make them. The trick is the hot oven and you can even parboil them if you have extra time. Either way, this is definitely the winning way I’ll make them from now on!
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 medium baking potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix first five ingredients.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine spice mixture, potatoes and olive oil. Toss until coated. Place potatoes on a rack inside a baking sheet making sure they don’t overlap.
- Bake until tender, about 45 minutes. Enjoy!