Our really good friends, Barbara and Bryan, recently had another adorable little boy. He’s seriously the cutest little thing and we wanted to make sure they could focus on his cuteness and not on making dinner for a couple of nights.
So, we made them a big pot of salsa verde chicken and added it to a bag filled with taco shells, slaw, 3 different kinds of cheeses (mostly because none of the 3 supermarkets I went to had the cheese I wanted… so I bought 3 other kinds….!), avocado, sour cream… the works! It was a tasty dinner that I might have doubled so we could enjoy it too (but shh, don’t tell them that!).
This recipe is seriously easy. It’s seriously good and it takes no time at all to make. It’s an awesome taco Tuesday dish, or really any night of the week dish! Let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Salsa Verde Chicken
- 1 lb. raw chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 16oz jar salsa verde, any brand
- In a 6-quart Instant Pot, season chicken seasonings and add to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Top with salsa verde sauce, cover and cook on HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. Quick release, and remove chicken.
- Shred with 2 forks or mixer for until fully shredded. Add to your favorite taco shell and toppings and enjoy!