My kids love tuna so we eat it once a week in all different ways. Sometimes, we mix dried fruit and celery into it, other days, carrot and peppers and sometimes, we eat it straight out of the can. And, we’ve mixed everything from yogurt to mayo & mustard to avocado into it to change the taste. They still love it!
Today, we made it a little more traditionally with mayo and mustard and topped it with a nectarine because, why not! That’s what the girls wanted so that’s how we ate it. And they just love eating it in lettuce leaves. Well, I should say holding it in lettuce leaves. It’s very rare they actually eat the greens but sometimes, they get a bite or two of it.
We’re still working on it… 🙂
Questions? Lemme know!
Tuna Lettuce Wraps
- 1 can tuna fish in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (whole30 compliant if doing whole30)
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 bibb lettuce leaves
- One sprig parsley, to serve (optional)
- 1 nectarine, diced to serve (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine tuna fish, mayo, mustard and seasoning and mix until just combined.
- Stir in diced cucumbers and chopped tomatoes.
- To serve, fill bibb lettuce leaves with tuna mixture and top with parsley and nectarine pieces, if desired. Enjoy!