I went to ACME last week, our local supermarket, because they were having a BOGO sale on ribs. Yes, really – buy one entire rack and get an entire second rack for free. I was not about to pass that up since each rack is over $25!
But, what I didn’t feel like doing was stand next to a hot grill while my ribs cooked low and slow (although, if you do want to do this, I have some AMAZING recipes you’ll love to try this way: Easy Ribs and The Best BBQ Ribs Ever). Today, I wanted to try making them a new way. An easy way. An Instant Pot way. 🙂
So, here’s what I did – basically, you rub the ribs with my homemade chili seasoning (seriously, don’t buy this stuff – make it! It’s so good and easy), cut the ribs and steam the ribs in the instant pot to cook them. Then, you slather on some bbq sauce and broil (only if you want to – I’ve done it both ways (broil and not broil at the end) and they’re both delicious!). That’s it!
I love the Instant Pot. 🙂 Questions? Lemme know!
Instant Pot Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs, about 1 1/2- 2 lbs.
- 1 cup broth or water
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning
- Barbecue sauce, for serving
- In a 6-quart Instant Pot, place trivet (or rack) in the bottom. Add water to the bottom. Set aside.
- Cut rack of ribs into 2-3 pieces (enough so they fit into the Instant Pot) and coat with dry rub massaging it into the meat. Set ribs upright on the trivet (so they are not stacked on top of one another). Sprinkle with onion and garlic.
- Close lid and select ‘manual pressure’ and set the timer for 23 minutes. Once done, allow the instant pot to natural release for 5 minutes. Open valve to release remaining pressure.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and broil or grill until slightly charred. Enjoy!