I saw racks of ribs were BOGO at our local supermarket, so I bought one and froze one. With it being so hot outside, I wanted to make a rack, but without turning on the oven or standing next to a hot grill. So, I went to my trusty IP, and in half the time it normally takes to make ribs, I had the perfect dinner. Sweet, salty and ohhhh so easy.
Questions? Lemme know below!
Instant Pot Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs, about 1 1/2- 2 lbs.
- 1 cup broth or water
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning
- Barbecue sauce, for serving
- In a 6-quart Instant Pot, place trivet (or rack) in the bottom. Add water to the bottom. Set aside. Cut rack of ribs into 2-3 pieces (enough so they fit into the Instant Pot) and coat with dry rub massaging it into the meat. Set ribs upright on the trivet (so they are not stacked on top of one another). Sprinkle with onion and garlic.
- Close lid and select ‘manual pressure’ and set the timer for 23 minutes. Once done, allow the instant pot to natural release for 5 minutes. Open valve to release remaining pressure.
- Brush with barbecue sauce and broil or grill until slightly charred. Enjoy!