Here’s a super-quick way to make beets without having to turn on your oven in the dead of summer… the Instant Pot! The Instant Pot has become one of my favorite ways of cooking this summer because there’s no heat from the stove or oven. But, I can still make all the foods that I crave that need cooking.
Here’s how I make mine – let me know how you like yours in the comments below!
Instant Pot Beets
- 3 medium sized beets
- 1 cup water
- Rub and wash the beets under cold running tap water. If your beets come with greens & stems, trim them off and save them for another dish (stir-frying with garlic tastes great). Trim off & discard the roots.
- Pour 1 cup cold tap water in the pressure cooker. Place a trivet or steamer basket in the Instant Pot, then place beets on the trivet. Close the lid and cook at High Pressure (use cooking time chart in notes below). Quick Release and open the lid.
- To serve, peel (or don’t- the skins are edible). Cut beets into quarters (you can wear disposable gloves to handle the beets if you don’t want beet-stained fingers). Season with salt if desired and serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Beets Pressure Cooking Time Chart based on Beets Circumference:
- 5 inches: 11 – 15 minutes
- 5.5 inches: 14 – 18 minutes
- 6 inches: 17 – 21 minutes
- 6.5 inches: 18 – 23 minutes
- 7 inches: 20 – 25 minutes
- 7.5 inches: 24 – 28 minutes
- 8 inches: 27 – 31 minutes
- 8.5 inches: 30 – 34 minutes
- 9 inches: 32 – 36 minutes
Recipe from: pressurecookrecipes.com
Yum, looks like a great way to make beets!