I generally try not to fry foods, but there are certain foods that I want Amelia to eat and it requires a little coaxing. Potatoes are one of them. The only way I can get her to eat them is by gently frying them. So, I use a little oil and a little salt and she gobbles down an entire potato herself.
To me, it’s a small price to pay to get her to eat the potato. I will eventually turn to baking or air frying them, but for now, this is the only way she’ll eat them. And, I prefer to make them at home since it’s not deep fried in a fryer at a restaurant with tons of salt. Besides, it’s a once in a while treat that she loves to eat with Chicken Burger and, well, I might want them too.
- 1 russet potato, peeled
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt , for seasoning
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Slice potatoes into skinny fries, and place into boiling water. Par-boil the fries, about 5 minutes (you should be able to stick a fork in a fry and it will have a little give). Remove from water and pat until completely dry with a towel.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop potato slices one-by-one into the oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and enjoy with ketchup immediately!