I stay home with both girls, so I eagerly await Friday every week. By the time it comes around, I’m so tired. So, I tend to make something easy for dinner.
Tonights dinner is bite-sized chicken served with ketchup and veggies. It’s perfect to make on a hot night because I can use the air fryer instead of turning on the oven. And, it’s light enough so that it won’t weigh be down when I’m done eating the entire tray.
It’s also perfect because the kids think they’re eating fried chicken nuggets (which to be fair, they’ve only ever had at birthday parties), so I keep these in my back pocket for weeks when they are struggling to eat. Tonight, their tummies are happy.
Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bitesized pieces
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- oil spray
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, add the chicken, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once marinated, drain marinade into a small bowl. In another bowl, combine the flour with remaining teaspoon of salt and pepper. In a third bowl, add panko breadcrumbs.
- Dredge chicken into flour mixture, then into the marinade, then dredge in panko fully coating each piece of chicken.
- Spray olive oil onto the bottom and sides of the inside of the air fryer vessel. Place breaded chicken in an even layer (setting aside the rest of the chicken). Give the tops of the chicken in the air fryer vessel a quick spray with olive oil, then place into the air fryer.
- Cook in the air fryer at 370 degrees for 8 minutes; shake/or turn halfway through (this is super important because air fryers heat from the top down and you want the chicken to be evenly cooked). Remove from the air fryer, and repeat steps until you’re finished with all of the chicken. Enjoy immediately!