Sometimes, breakfast time has to be quick and it has to feed all of us at the same time. I’ve found smoothies do the trick! While Matilda doesn’t drink them yet, Amelia, Trevor & I do (I’m still working on Mattie though!).
I tend to make these in a big batch without protein powder for Amelia and then I throw it in after I pour hers out of the blender. It’s the perfect breakfast and I can hide some much needed greens into her diet since she doesn’t always want to eat whole. And it’s perfect for me because it keeps me super full all morning long.
Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- 6-8 fresh strawberries, hulled (if using frozen, omit ice below)
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any other kind of milk)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder (optional)
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve. Enjoy!