It’s Tuesday, and I originally planned to make stir-fry tonight, but Amelia really wanted fish tacos. So Taco Tuesday it is (and stir-fry tomorrow!)!
Fish tacos are great because they’re so flexible – you can use any kind of fish (fresh halibut, cod, red snapper, frozen fish nuggets… literally any kind will work! And the same goes for the spreads and the toppings. You can use an avocado as a spread or chunked on top, any color cabbage, fresh tomatoes, salsa or pico de gallo, add cilantro, fresh limes… literally, anything you have on hand will work to make a taco.
I’ve made them lots of ways, but this is how I made it this week with all Trader Joe’s ingredients.
Battered Fish Tacos
- 1 box Trader Joe’s frozen battered fish nuggets (about 18 nuggets per box)
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s corn and wheat tortillas (8 tortillas)
- 1/4 jar Trader Joe’s aioli garlic and mustard sauce
- 1/2 bag Trader Joe’s shredded cabbage
- 1/4 container Trader Joe’s pico de gallo salsa
- Line a baking sheet with silpat or tin foil and bake the fish at 475 for 15-18 minutes.
- When the fish is about to be done, assembly the tacos: first lay out the tortillas and spread with 1-2 tablespoons of aioli garlic and mustard sauce. Next, layer with 2 or 3 pieces of fish, a sprinkle of cabbage and top with a spoonful of pico de gallo.
- Repeat with each taco and serve immediately. Enjoy!