When I was shopping for the week this past weekend, I knew I wanted some kind of chicken dish. So when I saw the price of these chicken thighs ($3.71 for 2.5lbs!), I immediately knew I had to make them.
So tonight, I made the dry rub marinade, cooked them up and….. burned them. Yep, it happens. It’s real life and it happens.
But, I wanted to share it anyway because once I peeled the skin back, the chicken was super moist and delicious. Oh, and the broccoli was on point (haha)!
I know this chicken is a hard sell when all you can see charred chicken skin. I guess my ‘deep brown glaze’ is a nice way of saying burnt….
Sweet & Spicy Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4-5 pieces)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the chicken, coating both sides liberally.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the coated chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and the brown sugar has turned into a deep brown glaze.
- Serve immediately with veg of choice (I had broccoli and cauliflower rice). Enjoy!