As many of you know, I write under the pen name, The Homemade Mom, over on the Little Hoboken Blog. We like to showcase great people who do great things.
Last week, we highlighted an amazing local company, The Hoboken Mary. The sauce is amazing because you can use it like any tomato sauce you would cook with AND make a Bloody Mary to drink with your dinner all at the same time!
Here are a few great recipes that I made that you’ll love adding to your weekly rotation or Superbowl party! You can check out more about their sauce here: http://www.thehobokenmary.com
Bloody Mary Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Celery salt
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar Hoboken Mary’s Bloody Mary Sauce
- 2/3 cup vodka
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, drizzle wings with oil. Season with celery salt and black pepper and set aside.
- Pour jar of Hoboken Mary’s bloody Mary mixture over wings until they are fully submerged, reserving some to reduce. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When an hour has passed, remove wings from the bowl with tongs and place on a large baking sheet. Roast 45 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add reserved marinade. Bring to a simmer and cover until reduced by half.
- When wings are ready, brush them with the thickened sauce and broil on high for 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Adapted from: delish.com
Mary's Pitcher of Bloody Mary's
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 jar Hoboken Mary’s Bloody Mary Sauce
- 2-3oz. vodka, chilled in the freezer
- Ice, for serving
- Celery stalk, for serving
- Cucumber spears, for serving
- Green onions, for serving
- Combine the lime juice with the bloody Mary sauce and vodka in a pitcher.
- Divide the mixture among 3 tall, chilled glasses filled with ice. Fill the glasses with the Bloody Mary mix, stick in the celery and cucumber and garnish with the cilantro. Give the Bloody Mary a good stir and serve. Enjoy!
Adapted from: foodnetwork.com
Hoboken Mary's Mussels
- 2 Dozen Mussels
- 1/2 jar of Hoboken Mary’s Bloody Mary Sauce
- In saucepan, add Mussels and Hoboken Mary. Cover and cook medium-high heat for 25 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe from: thehobokenmary.com