Need some veggies? Eat this! I’m in love with this ‘noodle’ bowl from Rachl Mansfield. I love how the squash, zucchini and carrots made the ‘noodle’s and the peppers added sweetness. Trevor adored the sauce and we might have both eaten it with a spoon!
It’s one of those meals that you can throw any veggies and any meat in, toss with the amazing almond butter sauce and not feel guilty about eating straight from the pot. Trevor’s has chickpeas in it (pictures) but I left mine out to be Whole30 compliant. It was delicious both ways!
Whole30/Paleo Almond Butter Thai Noodle Bowl
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, spiralized
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (substitute soy sauce if you don’t have this)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Protein of choice, if desired
- In a large skillet or pan, add a tablespoon of avocado oil (or oil of your choice) and heat over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onion and cover with lid to cook for a few minutes (the peppers and onions will be fragrant). After they cook for about 5 minutes, add butternut squash and carrot noodles. After 3-5 minutes, add in zucchini.
- While the veggies are cooking, add the almond butter sauce ingredients (almond butter – lime) to a small saucepan and mix with a spoon to evenly combine. Cook over medium/low heat until warm and creamy.
- Once sauce is finished, pour on top of veggies and mix well. Sprinkle scallions, almonds, sesame seeds and protein (meat or beans) on top! Enjoy!