I’m really missing some breakfast staples during this Whole30/Paleo month, pancakes being one of them. So I was so excited when I saw this recipe from @RachlMansfield for paleo pancakes.
They have the same look and feel of normal (full flour and sugar) pancakes, but are a little softer. They taste almondy and coconuty and they tasted amazing with a drizzle of maple syrup and some fresh berries. They really hit the spot!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil, + more for cooking
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Whisk together the eggs and coconut milk in a large bowl until well combined.
- Mix in the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add in the coconut flour, almond flour and baking powder and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil on medium heat.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter to the heated pan and gently form the pancake.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on first side then flip, gently.
- Repeat for remaining batter.
- Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
Recipe from: rachlmansfield.com