Whole30 seems to be the most challenging at breakfast time for me. It’s hard to find something tasty other than eggs and you can only eat so many eggs!
This is the perfect solution. It has the consistency of a flan but with an added crunch from the apple and almonds. It’s creamy, and healthy and a perfect addition to your whole30 monthly reset!
Pumpkin Apple Breakfast Bake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 square pan with coconut oil or spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, banana, eggs, coconut milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Mix the ingredients together until fully combined. Pour into prepared square pan.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle remaining pumpkin pie spice on the diced apples and stir to coat. Sprinkle on top of pumpkin mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle the almonds along the top of the dish, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (the top should be mostly firm and golden).
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. You can also chill and store in the fridge for up to a week. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature! Enjoy!