Lasagna is one of those dishes I love making because it’s easy to make but always looks impressive. You can dump any veggies or meats in it and add as much or as little cheese as you want.
I also used oven-ready noodles because it’s one less step, but you could use fresh or homemade lasagna noodles. And you could make homemade tomato sauce (see my recipe here) to use in this as well. It would taste so amazing!
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3.5 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I used a basil marinara sauce) or homemade sauce
- 1 5-oz container/bag fresh spinach
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread half the ricotta mixture over noodles and top with half the spinach. Add another noodle layer. Pour 1 1/2 cups of sauce over noodles, and spread the remaining ricotta over the sauce topping with remaining spinach. Top with remaining noodles and sauce and sprinkle torn pieces of mozzarella over all. Cover with greased foil.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and top is golden. Enjoy!
Adapted from: allrecipes.com