Need an appetizer to bring to a holiday party this year? Let Santa save the day! He’s healthy and delicious and you’ll get lots of ho-ho-wowwwww’s when you serve this one. Make sure to have extra veggies on hand because everyone will want to eat Santa right up!
Hummus & Veggie Santa Plater
- 1 container (17 ounces) hummus (I used Sabra)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 string cheese, cut
- 2 pieces of candy (for eyes – I used skittles. You can also use olives, but I didn’t have any on hand)
- For Santa’s face, spread hummus in a circle on a large platter.
- Next, make Santa’s hat by placing peppers and tomatoes in the shape of a stocking-cap at the top of the hummus circle. At the end of his hat, place several cauliflower florets to create a pom-pom.
- To make Santa’s beard, place more cauliflower florets at the bottom of the hummus circle.
- To make Santa’s face, use candy for the eyes, one tomato in the center of hummus circle for his nose and a red pepper for his mouth.
- Cut string cheese in half lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise; use two cheese pieces for eyebrows and two for a mustache.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with additional cauliflower, tomatoes and pepper slices for dipping. Enjoy!