I timed myself – this actually took me 14 minutes start to finish from taking the food out of the fridge & cabinets all the way to first bite. It’s so full-flavored, you’ll be utterly surprised at how quickly all the flavors come together.
I bought a spicy chorizo and it made the soup taste even better. Even my (almost) 3 year old loved it! She ate her whole bowl and asked for seconds. That NEVER happens!
Chorizo & Chickpea Soup
- 1 15-oz can diced petite tomatoes + 1 can water
- 1/2 pound (8-oz) loosely packed spicy chorizo (no casing)
- 1/3 Savoy cabbage, chopped
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup chicken broth, stock or bone broth)
- In a medium sized pot, add the tomatoes, followed by a can of water. While the tomatoes are heating, chop the chorizo into chunky pieces and shred the cabbage.
- Add the chorizo and cabbage into the pan with the chickpeas. Then, crumble in the stock cube and broth. Stir well, cover and leave to bubble over a high heat for 5 mins or until the cabbage is just tender. Ladle into bowls and eat with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Adapted from: bbcgoodfood.com