Day 4 of slow-cooker week and we’re having taquitos, but with a healthy twist. No frying here! These are baked and golden brown on the outside for a crispy crunch. And filled with a cream cheese chicken slow cooked for hours. Top it with salsa or sour cream or anything else you fancy, and you have one good looking dinner!
Slow-Cooker Chicken Taquitos
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 6 12inch whole wheat tortillas
- optional: cilantro, salsa, sour cream, or other toppings as desired
- Add chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste, cream cheese, and water to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Minutes before serving, remove chicken from crock pot, shred with two forks, and return to slow cooker. Give it a stir. Let it cook about 15 minutes longer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Roll tightly and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, until tortillas are slightly browned and shredded cheese is melted. Serve with desired toppings and sauces. Enjoy!