For those of you that know me, you know I’ve been doing Kayla Itsines BBG workouts almost daily to lose the last of this baby weight. I’ve been trying out all sorts of recipes for a good post workout snack and I think I found a good one that’s also easy to make. It satisfies my sweet tooth, but also has a ton of protein and gives me the energy boost I need when I finish a hard workout.
The added bonus is that Amelia also loves to eat these because I call them cookies 🙂 ! Let me know what you think.
5-Ingredient Energy Balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond butter, but any nut butter works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, if you want a little more sweetness)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Roll into 10-12 bites (if too sticky, refrigerate for 10-15 minutes and then roll). Enjoy!